Friday, September 12, 2008

dont let them see you cry,

Hard hearts are crashing in a crowded room.
the noise splits the air; Ringing, singing
i stand alone infront of the heart of my world
lights of purple and green and red flash across the floor
but all i can see is blue.
the moon shines pale across cold skin
as i look to my left and right
to one side i see the epidemy of how i want my life to be
and to the other stands a tall mirror,
i see nothing wrong with what is reflected back at me
until i see their faces turned behind me
and my heart sinks low, as i slowly drown again
this is not how its supposed to be
i am alone here, but i could never belong there
not with her, or him, or you
so where do you stand?
i would change in a heart beat if i could
turn my world completely upside down and inside out
but even if i did, the world i crave is still too far away
too beautiful, too smart, too talented
my hands could never touch, not even the surface


life is but a dream
and dreams are but life
allow me to wake up, and once again have life
leave this to my hopeless dreams

or my deepest nightmares.

No comments: