Sunday, July 12, 2009

paperhearts,

Last night I danced with you over endless I love you's and forget me not's to your bed.
In the morning I tip-toed over mountains of I hate you's and i don't need you's nipping at my heels.
On the coldest day in December i dressed myself in your favorite dress and made a million paper ships with paper hearts.
With bandaged hands i released them down a watered gutterpath all addressed to you,but your lips were to busy mumbling sweet nothing's that even you didn't believe.
All the while my paper ships with paper hearts sailed on by until they soaked up all the water and sank.
So tonight she will dance with you over empty I love you's and I'll forget you tomorrow's to your bed.
I'll just keep making these paper ships with paper hearts and maybe someday one will reach you.